ATRIPLA and Joint Pains

I immediately began taking ATRIPLA after I was diagnosed in April of 2008. Within a few months of taking the medication I began experience popping in my hips and knees. The popping has has gotten worst over the past couple of years and I now have a lot of popping in my elbows and ankle. I've also began to experience minor pain in small joint such as my finger toes and wrists. All blood tests seem to be normal with the exception of Blood Sugar which has be rising slowly over the past couple of years (last Fasting Blood Sugar was at 116). I exercise on routine basis and I have a low body weight for my height (5'3"/125lbs). Are there any reports on ATRIPLA's effect on joints or Blood Sugar?

Occasionally efavirenz can increase blood glucose levels though sometimes that is related to improved health/nutrition with weight gain. Joint pain is common in the general population increasing with age so often hard to firmly associated when a particular drug rarely causes new joint pain. Atripla has very minimal association with joint pain so most often due to other causes--if any reader has personal experience with this or knows of a published reference please post! KH

Metamucil together with HIV antivirals
atripla and sex