Sep 28, 2011
Hi Dr. Henry
Im on hiv meds and antipsychotic drugs and cholesterol drugs.Is it ok to eat grapefruit cause i really like it.I take meds in morning and meds at night and like to eat grapfruit in mid day. Also do you know what foods i should avoid? I dont eat high fat foods or drink soda.
Thank you doctor.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Depends on which HIV drugs you are taking, which cholesterol drugs, and how much grapefruit. Grapefruit can decrease levels of some HIV drugs so highly recommend reviewing meds with your HIV specilist and/or a HIV knowledgeable pharmacist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Is It Bad To Eat Grapefruit While On Hiv Medication?
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- Can A Person With HIV Take Milk Thistle?
- Taking Selenium When You're Hiv Positive
- Can You Die From Anal Warts?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.