Sep 28, 2011
Hi Dr. Henry
Im on hiv meds and antipsychotic drugs and cholesterol drugs.Is it ok to eat grapefruit cause i really like it.I take meds in morning and meds at night and like to eat grapfruit in mid day. Also do you know what foods i should avoid? I dont eat high fat foods or drink soda.
Thank you doctor.
Response from Dr. Henry
Depends on which HIV drugs you are taking, which cholesterol drugs, and how much grapefruit. Grapefruit can decrease levels of some HIV drugs so highly recommend reviewing meds with your HIV specilist and/or a HIV knowledgeable pharmacist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- White Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.