Sep 28, 2011
Over the past few months, I have had the tendency to break out for short periods of time on various areas of my skin. I develop red bumps which scab over and then disappear. Is this a side of effect of the medication, or maybe the virus?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Many skin conditions including hyper-reactivity are common in HIV+ persons-often skin problems might flare up after effective HIV treatment has started with subsequent immune reconstitution. It would be unusual but still possible for the skin rash to be due directly/solely to one of the HIV drug in your regimen even after 1 year on what otherwise seems to be effective treatment. I often get a dermatology consult to try and make a more specific diagnosis. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.