Nausea

I started taking 1 AZT/3TC 300/150MG in the morning and 1 AZT/3TC/NVP 300/150/200MG at night 4 days ago.The first day i had headaches soon after taking the meds and the next day i was o.k however the following day i had serious nausea i cannot cook food let alone eat it and threw up while i was bathing because the smell of soap threw me off.I want to know if this is going to be a long term thing and what i can do to keep me from throwing up.I also have suffered from migraines half of my life and are the meds i am on going to make them worse?Thank you

Headache and nausea are fairly common side effects from your HIV regimen (most often due to the AZT)--in most cases symptoms will improve but for some the symptoms will persist and be very annoying (then would often consider changing meds if that is an option where you live). I assume that the dose of nevirapine will be increased to twice daily after several weeks? In some cases migraine headaches can be triggered when starting your regimen-that usually but not always would get better over 2-4 weeks. KH

hiv
Severe Bladder Problems