safety of extended naproxen treatment

I am 61 years old, taking truvada, norvir, reyataz, actonel and colchicine everyday.I work-out daily, alternating running and weight lifting. Because of shoulder and hip soreness, twice this year I have taken regimens of naproxen (500 mg twice per day) for four weeks. They are effective but are these extended regimens of naproxen safe? Can I continue to take these high doses for extended periods from time to time?

Use of naproxen for 4+ weeks as you describe is usually well tolerated. For some patients with borderline kidney function that could be a problem so would check on that and make sure your HIV provider is aware of the situation. Some patients will also develop some stomach irritation so that needs to be monitored regarding how you are tolerating the medication. KH

Is this a kidney problem
underarm itching-symptom of lymphoma?