Long term survivor (30 years) new diseases
Sep 14, 2011
Have you had or have any information linking ALS to AIDS. I live in Northern MN. and am a 30 years survivor of AIDS, and I am currently dealing with a new dianoses of ALS. Is there a conection between the two ? And how will my HIV medications affect the ALS ?
Response from Dr. Henry
I have not seen any data linking long term survival with HIV/AIDS to increased risk for development of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Those conditions can occur independently in the same patient so sorting out a cause and effect link for a rare occurrence is often challenging. If any reader is aware of a report of an association between long term survival with HIV and ALS please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.