legal problems due to angry black out with Atripla

Our children have been taken away by the state due to an angry, violent blackout my husband had a few weeks ago. I tried to tell CPS that I thought that it was the Atripla and alcohol (a few drinks within 8 hours of his meds) together that made him blackout and be angry but they don't believe me. He remembers nothing of what happened and is so sick over hurting me. The state thinks that it is just an abuse cycle at work and that is why he is so sorry. How is it a cycle when it has never happened before? Are there any publications with either case studies or research done on anger and atripla? Possibly an expert in this somewhere that I could call upon? I need to get my kids back. My husband bruised me in several places and tried to choke me but it wasn't my husband. He did nothing to hurt the kids. His doctor has changed his meds to the new combo pill without sustiva and we are hopeful this fixes it but we need some expert testimony or documentation so that we can show this was not something he could control and we are appropriately approaching the situation medically so it doesn't happen again. My husband isn't an angry person. We have been together for 5 years and married for 4 years and he has never done anything like this. They took the kids on the grounds that I showed I wasn't willing to participate because I was trying to prove it was a medical problem and because my older children were scared. Of course they were scared! They have never seen him do anything like this and he hurt their mother. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not seen any publication that zeroes in on anger or severe detrimental mental health changes observed in the setting of use of efavirenz? If any reader is aware of any publications please post. KH

Starting meds - Lipodystrophy worries
Chronic Hepatitis B and HIV