how can I boost my testosterone naturally

long term survivor and in great health, all numbers great. Male, in very good shape, am on all the same meds I have been on for years, nothing added of any kind in the last 5 years or so, yet sex drive continues to plummet. Am in my mid 40's and really feel my drive and sensation should not be this low. Doc says my testosterone level is right in the middle, and is not low enough to start supplement. I just feel like i have the sex drive and sensation of someone 20 years older.. I hear about supplements like Tribulus terrestris can boost it, but if it did I would guess tons of folks would be singing its praises.. I am already very healthy in mind and body, plenty of sleep, all the normal things that might make it lower, how can i boost my drive without going on supplemental testosterone?

I am not aware of any data that suggests that Tribulus terrestris is either safe or effective to boost testosterone levels in HIV+ patients on antiretroviral medications.

See below from Wikepedia:

The extract is claimed to increase the body's natural testosterone levels and thereby improve male sexual performance and help build muscle. Its supposed muscle-building potential was popularized by American IFBB bodybuilding champion Jeffrey Petermann in the early 1970s. However, T. terrestris has consistently failed to increase testosterone levels in controlled studies.[10][11][12] It has also failed to demonstrate strength-enhancing properties.[13]

Once testosterone is started even on a trial basis it may suppress exogenous (your own natural production) leading to smaller testicles and even lower levels of testosterone in the future (at least for a while) if the testosterone supplements are stopped. Large studies of the safety and effectiveness of testosterone in men are under way (large studies of hormone supplements in post-menopausal women found serious health concerns when used broadly leading to less use in the US even though there may be a clear qualitative benefit in many women)-we dont know what will happen long term (one recently published study found a higher rate of heart disease in men taking testosterone supplements). For many patients the only way to know if you would clearly benefit would be to try a trial of 3 months or so of testosterone to push levels to mid-high range normal and see how you do with that--the problem is partly that treatment often is indefinite with above mentioned concerns and lack of data about safety. KH

meningitis
creatine interactions with retrovirals???