atripla and kidney function

Hello Dr Henry

Ive been on atripla since mid 2008. Its working excellent at keeping me undectable and good cd4 count.My doctor said he wants to change me to sustiva and some other new drug that wont be approved by FDA until next month cause it shows my kidney levels have been increasing from 130 to like 160 something. he said its the atripla. i take cholestrol meds and mental illness meds like simvastatin and fenofibrate and effexor xr.Im scared to change meds but any way do you think atripla could raise the levels in kidney function after 3 yrs on it? And is sustiva safe and i dont know about this new drug that supposed to be approved next month?Im gonna do a lab test to see if i can take sustiva in a couple weeks.

Thank you

If blood and urine tests have shown a significant loss of kidney function (increasing creatinine level and/or decreased in glomerular filtration rate=GFR) then the use of tenofovir/emtricibine (components of Atripla) may need to be adjusted (either dose adjustment or switch to alternative HIV medications). Numerous factors can impact kidney function including getting older, high blood pressure, diabetes, and use of drugs like ibuprofen. KH

loss of taste [and some smell]
TB as a child, chances getting again