loss of taste [and some smell]
Aug 31, 2011
I have been on lexiva/ziagen/truvada for almost 3 years now. A few months ago, I'd lost all sense of taste, except for very sweet/salty, and most of my sense of smell. I have seen an ENT with no luck. Could it be one of the drugs in my regimen?
Response from Dr. Henry
I have not used your particular regimen (I usually havent used ziagen and truvada together or lexiva without ritonavir). Lexiva can sometimes cause odd mouth/taste sensations like other protease inhibitors. Loss of smell (olfactory problems) can also result in loss of taste. Sometimes vit B12 and zinc deficiency can contribute as can numerous other medical conditions. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.