Positive for Tuberculosis

At my routine checkup my Doctor told me I had just tested positive for Tuberculosis. I am 50 yo, diagnosed HIV+ in 2008 with a CD4 of 511. I am currently undetectable with a CD4 of 924. I have absolutely no symptoms. I run or workout 5-6 times per week and am extremely healthy. The test he used was a blood test, all previous tests were skin tests and was negative in 2009. I am quite concerned as I have no idea how I could have acquired this, I am 100% adherent with meds and stay extremely fit. I am awaiting the results of a chest X-ray. My Doc, who I love and is a well respected ID Doctor seems unconcerned, although he mentioned a 6 month course of meds to try to eradicate the TB...Could you share any thoughts? What would you recommend?

TB germs usually are acquired by breathing in air in vicinity of another person with TB. HIV- patients can also acquire TB germs in that manner. HIV+ patients with latent (clinically quiet) TB are more likely to develop illness from TB than HIV uninfected persons. Thus,it is generally recommended that patients with latent TB (as detected by skin test or T-spot blood test) be given short course of anti-TB medicine in order to decrease likelihood of future problems. KH

atripla and depression
Help! Hair suddenly damaged and falling out.