Isentress related to Rhabdomyolisis?

Hello Dr.Henry,

Thank you so much for your answer ( Dose Time for Truvada+Isentress). I hope you could advise me for another question before i decide to switch from Atripla to Truvada/Isentress. Is it true that Isentress could cause severe Insomnia and Rhabdomyolisis? Is Rhabdomyolisis curable? I asked you these questions because I always concerned about my kidney and dialysis is not my future plan.

Thank you in advance

The risk for both muscle problems and significant insomnia from raltegravir is low (experienced by < 1-5% of patients in my experience). Monitoring for those side effects carefully after switching allows for early detection which, if the side effect occurs, are generally reversible once offending drug is stopped (switched to an alternative). KH

Mrs
1.5yrs haart perfect numbers lots of issues more surgery no awnsers.