Atripla and VL

I hope this finds you in good health and thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I have been HIV+ for 13 years started on atripla one year ago. My results for june, 2011 were as follow: VL undedectable lower than 20, CD% 20.8 and CD4 416. my most recent results in Aug, 2011 are as follow: VL 100, CD% 24.9 and CD4 390. should I bee concerned about the increase in VL from 20 to 100 and decrease in CD4 to 390. I have alwayes taken Atripla every night at the same time, never missed it. could I have built resistance to Atripla?

A viral load of 100 copies/ml likely is what is termed a "viral blip" -likely has no clinical significance and is a well characterized phenomenon. In majority of cases the next viral load -in the setting of good adherence to Atripla--would be less than the detection level. If level increases to > 200-500 then there would be concern about development of resistance with assessment/genotypic resistance testing/consideration of change in regimen. The CD4 count has considerable variability so long term trend is what matters though anxiety typically occurs when the level bounces down. KH

Kaletra and cialis
Atripla and valacyclovir