Kaletra and cialis

Dear Dr. H-

I know there is an interaction between kaletra and cialis and I have a script for 20 mg. Any idea how much you should start with when using the cialis? Would a 1/4 be good or half of the pill or just the full amount. I can't seem to find that answer anywhere..

Thanks very much

There is a potential interaction (high levels of the Cialis so more risk for side effects ) so recommended trial of lowest dose possible (often cutting even a lower strength pill if possible) and observing how that is tolerated and then moving up amount taken depending on how well that is tolerated. I often would start with recommending cutting a 5 or 10 mg pill in half when first used. Once tolerated dose is identified then prescribing larger dose that can be cut to make $$ go farther is often the next step. KH

think i missed my dose of viraday
Atripla and VL