Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lipodystrophy
Aug 3, 2011

I have experienced an increase in fat around by belly and back and lost fat around my butts. What can i do to cut the fat around my belly and back? What can i do to restore fat around my butt?

Response from Dr. Henry

Such fat changes can be a challenge to address. Options and chances for success depend on many factors including your current and past HIV medications, your past and current HIV and CD4 levels, other health problems, exercise/diet habits, family history, and where you live and which HIV drugs are available to you. Diet and exercise can help some. Switching off offending HIV meds to alternative meds is often an important manuver though depends on specifics of current meds and what is available to you (ie switching off stavudine or zidovudine often can help particularly if problem noted early in development). KH

Previous
Adverse Skin Allergy
Next
rash

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.