Numbness, shooting pains,

I have experienced numbness and shooting pains in arms and leg including trouble driving on long trips because the pain gets worse my question is could this be related to my drug therapy or is this damage from the disease before I recieved treatment? I went to my primary doctor as suggested by my specialist to outrule heart and so far it has been (waiting for some blood test) if the P.C. Does not arrive at anything then I will see my specialist as they requested here are my bio's Before treatment 10 years ago CD4 was 120 Viral load 100%. Now currently Undetectable for 6 years and CD4 is currently 1080. I am taking Efavirenz 600 Mg X1 a day, Epivir 500 X1 a day. Any suggestions or comments will be helpful I am posting this to help myself and other's as well thank you for this website.

Are you on a third HIV drug (unusual to be just taking efavirenz and lamivudine (Epivir). Risk for peripheral neuropathy due to HIV is higher with lower CD4 counts- would be unusual to develop new HIV related peripheral neuropathy in setting of high CD4 count and good viral control though possibly. Your HIV meds dont frequently result in peripheral neuropathy in the type of situation you describe but again may occur occasionally. Usually HIV or drug related peripheral neuropathy begins in toes/feet and not the type of shooting pains you describe. Muscle tension,fatigue, nerve compression from sitting and positions, other drugs (such as statins)and other conditions could be involved and need to be evaluated. KH

high mch & mcv
Dose times for Reyataz and Truvada + Norvir