|high mch & mcv
Aug 3, 2011
What are the potential long term effects of these elevated levels? I take nevirpine and truvada for HIV and dilantin for a seizure disorder and drink moderately--about 2 glasses of wine per day.
| Response from Dr. Henry
If by MCH =mean corpuscular hemoglobin and MCV =mean corpuscular volume (measurements done as a part of complete blood count) -modest abnormalities rarely are of clinical significance. Dilantin can cause a megaloblastic anemia so those values are worth monitoring from safety standpoint in context with other labs value and clinical assessments. HIV drugs rarely cause serious hematologic problems. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.