In Bangkok doing PEP, drug interaction question please help.
Jul 27, 2011
Hello am taking pep, got to it 16hours after exposure, sex with sex worker + no condom + blood on penis= idiot never drinking again. Anyways im taking lexapro and the leaflet for Stocrin says no Zoloft, which is also an SSRI so im wondering if this will have a reaction of some kind. I tried getting off of lexapro but its really hard as i get panic attacks. The PEP combination is Stocrin Viread and Lamivir. Also first doctor i talked to said i need to take these for 3 months but everyone else seems to think 4 weeks is best.
Response from Dr. Henry
In general OK to use Strocrine (efavirenz) with Lexapro in setting of post exposure prophylaxis. 4 week course of PEP is standard in US and in our clinic. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.