|Two hiv positive cuppels can have a negetive child?
Jul 27, 2011
two hiv positive cupple having hiv treatment from last ten years can produce a child hiv negetive?if yes what are the chances to be infaction to the child?
| Response from Dr. Henry
HIV+ couples can have an HIV- child. The key factor is good HIV and prenatal medical treatment for the mother so she maintains very low to undetectable viral levels during the last trimester/delivery time period from effective use of antiretroviral therapy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- 12 Week Hiv Test For A Conclusive Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.