|Two hiv positive cuppels can have a negetive child?
Jul 27, 2011
two hiv positive cupple having hiv treatment from last ten years can produce a child hiv negetive?if yes what are the chances to be infaction to the child?
| Response from Dr. Henry
HIV+ couples can have an HIV- child. The key factor is good HIV and prenatal medical treatment for the mother so she maintains very low to undetectable viral levels during the last trimester/delivery time period from effective use of antiretroviral therapy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Are Hiv Positive Should You Abort Your Child?
- What Does Herpes Discharge Look Like?
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
- What Causes A Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.