SUDDEN DROP IN T CELLS

My cd4 has been almost 900. The day I got a cortesteroid shot in my nose by my ent, I also had my blood draw, my cd4 came back 92, a couple of weeks later it is in the 400s. The only other things I could think of was a switch to the Norvir tabs from capsules and a stress from missing a friend that went away. My doctor told me I also have more lymps but my percentages were about the same. He tells me not to worry?? Please shed some light on this.

Steroid use has a variable effect on T-cell counts but can drop them acutely. The CD4 count is widely variable (there is diurnal variation in the same HIV- person that can go up and down by 25-40% on a routine basis for some patients) and can be impacted by a number of issues over the short term. I have some concern about any patient who has drop in CD4 count but generally I would expect your CD4 count to rebound to more usual levels over the next several measurements. KH

Dry palms on Stocrin and Truvada
Symptoms with HIV