Hep B Vaccination

The Hepatitis A vaccine worked for me, but the Hep B vaccine did not. They did mess up the vaccinations for the Hep B series. From what I understand, they gave me the first shot again when it was time for the 2nd shot--and that threw off the schedule. So, that may have played a role.

At the doc, they began the series all over again. However, I've been reading where many with HIV just won't create a response and it is probably fruitless to try again. I'm curious what you know about this and whether true?

I know Hep B is definitely something that you don't want. I was a little hesitant about getting the series all over again. Has the vaccine been shown to be very safe in people with HIV--even when given several times?

A subset of HIV+ patients dont have good response to standard hep B vaccination. Repeating series with higher (ie double) dose is considered to try to boost response but s modest % remain unresponsive. KH

Confused
Lipodystrophy, Thin Skin, and Easy Skin Damage