Loose stools and sperm color PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, I'm on ART 2 line for the past two months now (taking Atazanavir 300mg/day, ritonavir 100mg/day, lamivudine 150mg twice/day, zidovudine 300mg twice /day) My CD4 counts is very low last month on 9th of june it was 64 before it was 26 before I moved to 2 line ART seem it has improve a bit.. My question is that i have loose motion for the past three months now and m very TIRED of this whenever i eat sumthin it never get digested and goes out in loose stool very frequently and i also has a gas which is awful smell :( I also have Hep C but my LFT, KFT are all fine normal as per the my doctor, i used the take antibiotic but now i have stopped coz m taking Atazanavir and also recently i have notice a change in my sperm color (yellowish) is this normal???? PLEASE HELP!! Thank you in advance.

Ritonavir boosted protease inhibitors seem to have annoying gut side effects (including many that you describe) in a significant subset of patients taking them. Other conditions (ie parasite or other infections, lactose or gluten intolerance) can contribute. There are some interventions that can improve symptoms that can be tried on a trial and error bases under supervision of your HIV specialist. Some of the protease inhibitor related gut side effects settle down over time. Hepatitis C can also worsen gut problems for some co-infected patients on protease inhibitors. Atazanavir can increase bilirubine levels (yellowp pigment) in the blood which can perhaps also turn semen more yellow. Whether you can safely switch off either atazanavir or protease inhibitor based therapy depends on your past treatment and resistance history. KH

Fatty Liver
Confused