|atripla and travel
Jul 13, 2011
i just traveled to a country 7 hours ahead of USA, i usually take atripla at 10pm USA time. when I arived to forign country I gradually started to take atripla 6pm usa time and continued for a month untill I returned to the usa. when I returned to the USA I took it at 6pm, following night at 7pm following night at 8pm follwing night at 9 pm and I ended up back taking it at 10 pm to go back to my regular routine.
I am concerned if I have built resistance that way. please advise and thank you for all of your help
| Response from Dr. Henry
Modest, occasional alterations in timing of dosing for Atripla as you describe in response to travel is generally OK with low risk of viral breakthrough/resistance. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Atripla And Traveling And Time
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- What If You Have Pimples On Your Lips Is That A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.