Atripla and drug test.

Okay this is a very detailed question. I have been on Atripla for about 3 years. I am up for a teaching position, but I am pretty sure I will have to take a drug test. I have a note from the nurse of my provider explaining how Atripla may interfere with drug tests. Here's the kicker, I do smoke weed. Now my note does not disclose what type of medicine I am on, so is there any real way to fail me if I refuse to disclose what prescription is causing the false positive. And can a gcms drug screen tell the difference without knowing what prescription I am really on? This would help me out a lot I really need the insurance that comes with this job!

I have written letters on behalf of patients on efavirenz (or Atripla) noting that false positive tests for marijuana can be seen for patients on that drug. I generally do not stipulate the drug or the underlying condition on unless that is OK with patient. That letter has generally sufficed for work site drug testing scenarios. Of course if you are smoking pot the test will usually be positive. I do not not specifics of whether some widely used tests can differentiate between reaction caused by marijuana versus efavirenz--if any reader has any insight into that please post. KH

loose stools and losing my hair! help!
can i join the gimclub? what kind of diet i can take after exciese ?