loose stools and losing my hair! help!

hi my name is laura and i am an indian woman from south africa i started arvs 3 months ago and i noticed that i have very loose stools the whole day whenever i have something to eat or even if it is just a cup of tea i an very worried i am taking aluvia and truvada 2x a day in the morning and nite and the other problem that i have is that i had really thick hair and now my hair is falling bad i am so stressed about this please help me

Loose stools can be a side effect of Aluvia (Kaletra in US) and sometimes the tenofovir in Truvada. Many other causes of loose stools can be seen in the setting of HIV infection and in the general population as well so an evaluation is recommended (ie parasitic infection, an HIV-related infection, lactose intolerance). Similarly, HIV infection can cause hair loss in some patients while in others starting HIV medication seems to trigger hair loss (not common but does occur). In my experience the emtricitabine in Truvada seems to be a more common cause of hair loss than the other meds in your regimen (again-not common overall) and sometimes a methodical switching off meds (to an alternative) needs to be tried (if other options available) in the absence of other likely causes. I have observed that initial hair loss can be followed by the problem decreasing over time in many cases. KH

Getting Confused
Atripla and drug test.