Side effects question

Hi DR, I had a question about drug regimes I was diagnosed with HIV last summer and had PCP AND CMV, turned into puenumothorax with 2 collapsed lungs and had a CD4 of 30 when I hit the hospital. Things are much improved over all and now at 450 as of last week from blood work. I am feeling close to normal again but battling meds with a most intense sideffect of vertigo/dizziness which invades my life every day, I am seeing DR Raffanti in the Vanderbilt health system who is awesome and very caring and we are trying to pinpoint the dizziness problem. so far I have been on the following regimes and all seem to drive me crazy:

Prezista, norvir,Truvada on for 7 months Truvada,Isentress Now on isentress and Epizcom. The headaches, nausea, weakness are lessening since I stopped truvada but I am still dizzy on this new regime. Here is my ultimate question: Looking at meds accross the board~~~ Is there any med combination that does NOT have dizziness attached to it as a side effect. I am so close to being back to feeling alive but still tortured by this vertigo and am desperate for a solution to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help, Tim Jones

You are in good hands with your current doctor and clinic. Vertigo/dizziness can occur in the general population and perhaps is more common in HIV+ persons. Your current HIV regimen rarely would be the direct cause of dizziness or vertigo. I have had a few patients seem to have inner/middle ear problems from either 3TC (in Epzicom) or FTC (in Truvada) so sometimes a trial with a regimen without either of those drugs may be worth considering on a trial basis if a decent alternative regimen is available. A thorough ENT/neurologic assessment often is important to try and pinpoint the nature of the vertigo (some treatments can be directed to specific non-HIV or non-ART causes). KH

Skin Rash/Bumps
Hair loss with a new HIV infection