atripla rash, should I switch or wait for another week?

Day 10 after I started Atripla, I developed rash in my arms. Now day 4 after the first appearance of rash, it pretty much spread overall except neck and face, however no blistering, peeling off or fever. The rashes are diffused into a big cluster which look like a bad case of sunburn. The itching is still tolerable as I'm take Zyrtec and Benedryl. My doc is ready to switch me to another regiment. I'm a little bit reluctant as Atripla seems to be quite tolerable except the rashes. From reading many postings here online, most people got through it within a couple of weeks. Should I switch or wait for another week? If I wait, what's the risk? Will I develop SJS or something life threatening?

Life threatening Stevens-Johnson Syndrome from Atripla is very rare. The concern is that it can be difficult to reverse severe/threatening rashes at some point that is hard to characterize. That being said, if the rash is stable, blood tests are OK, and the eyes, mouth and other mucosal surfaces are not involved then some patients/clinicians would continue on the meds on a day to day basis expecting the rash to begin to improve after several weeks.KH

Lapse In Insurance with Atriple
Switching meds because of elevated CPKs