|CHANGING OF DRUGS
Jun 24, 2011
HI DOC, IVE BEEN ON ABC+3TC+EFV FOR SIX MONTHS NOW.IS THERE ANY POSIBILITY THAT THEY CAN CHANGE THE DRUGS? MY RECENT CD4 COUNT IS 316 AND CD4% IS 20.36%
| Response from Dr. Henry
Options for changing drugs depends on local availability of alternative medications and evolution of your clinical and laboratory findings and other factors. That CD4 count is OK-you dont mention what your lowest (nadir) CD4 count was or if there have been HIV level measurements performed (or are they even available). Discussing your concerns with your HIV provider is recommended to find out what are your local options. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.