|CHANGING OF DRUGS
Jun 24, 2011
HI DOC, IVE BEEN ON ABC+3TC+EFV FOR SIX MONTHS NOW.IS THERE ANY POSIBILITY THAT THEY CAN CHANGE THE DRUGS? MY RECENT CD4 COUNT IS 316 AND CD4% IS 20.36%
Response from Dr. Henry
Options for changing drugs depends on local availability of alternative medications and evolution of your clinical and laboratory findings and other factors. That CD4 count is OK-you dont mention what your lowest (nadir) CD4 count was or if there have been HIV level measurements performed (or are they even available). Discussing your concerns with your HIV provider is recommended to find out what are your local options. KH
osteopenia and pain from vertebral wedge fractures
Anemia induced AZT
- Is There A Relation Between Homosexuality And Hiv?
- What Can Happen If Hpv Goes Untreated?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.