|Resuming a cocktail of Abacavir
Jun 22, 2011
is it anyway safe considering to restart this treatment after say 2 - 3 years break
| Response from Dr. Henry
If you stopped abacavir without concern for hypersensitivity reaction and are HLA B5701 negative then generally safe to restart abacavir containing regimen. Benefit of abacavir in new regimen would be related to whether you had developed resistance earlier when taking HIV meds-a review of your treatment history and possibly a resistance test would be worthwhile when constructing regimen. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- Hep C Transmission Insulin Needle Stick
- Is A Black Sore Inside The Gum A Sign Of Hiv Or Aids?
- If Both Of Your Parents Are Hiv Positive Does That Mean You Are Too?
- Do People With Hiv Get Sarcoidosis?
- What Is The Non Contagious Type Of Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.