makeshift labs

this is a strange question but i was wondering if, when I'm not at home where my insurance will cover my regular labs verifying that I'm still undetectable, is there anything a regular hiv test can tell me? in other words, if i am undetectable, will i test negative for hiv in a regular population test? thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

The standard HIV test for diagnosis involves detection of anti-HIV antibodies (proteins produced by the body to fight infection). Effective treatment for HIV the reduces the level of circulating virus to very low levels, but generally has little effect on the level of anti-HIV antibodies so routine HIV tests remain positive when on effective anti-HIV treatment. KH

Prophylactic Combivir and Kaletra
DVT and PE