For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Itching at night

Since starting with ARVs (I am HIV+) I have a terrible itch that lasts the entire night. I am taking night doses, the itching only subsides at dawn. I do not sleep, its that bad. What can i do to alleviate this. I hav eno visible rash, just the itch.

Depending on which meds you are taking and presence of other medical conditions (such as ezcema or seborrhea), some symptom relief can often be offered while sorting out the cause of the night time itching. The timing certainly is suspicious for it being related to one of your HIV meds or early immune reconstitution so would discuss with your HIV provider. KH

Hiv and paralysis
Hot Flashes and Migraines