prophylactics & effects of skin aging

Hello Doctor,

Thank you for taking my question. Approximately 2.5 weeks ago I had a work-related exposure to HIV and was prescribed Combivir and Kaletra as prophylactics for 30 days. I work part-time as model for skincare model for a line of antiaging products. My doctor mentioned that both these prescriptions could have side effects that implicate the skin. When I asked him to elaborate he skirted the question and said everything would be fine. I've done extensive research on the other side effects associated with these drugs but havent found much related to the skin. I'm wondering what kind of side effects I should be looking out for. Changes to the structure of the skin? Loss of elasticity,sagging, increased wrinkles, premature aging type of changes? And if so, are these changes to the skin a permanent effect? I know their are more serious side effects to worry about w/ these drugs but I feel that my questions regarding those topics have been sufficiently answered. Moreover, I'd like to be prepared to disclose necessary information to my employer should these cause temporary or irreversible skin damage. I'd apologize for asking such a superficial questions, but as I've been unable to obtain answers otherwise I thought it was worth a shot. Thank you for your time. Sincerly, Molly

4 weeks of Kaletra/Combivir would not be expected to have any noticeable detrimental effects on skin (I have had scores of patients on that regimen for a long time with minimal or no skin effects). KH

Kaposi Sarcoma Cosmetic Concern
Hiv and plastic surgery.