Jun 5, 2011
my parents are aids patients their age is father-60 mother- 52. and my age is 32- male. and we came to know that they are hiv+ before 6 months . i was living with my kid with them for 6 months and i got job at out station before one year. my question wheather we can go for blood test for confirmation of HIV+ or not
Response from Dr. Henry
Risk of HIV infection from casual contact is incredibly small so an HIV test may relieve some anxiety in your situation but generally not necessary due to the low risk-if you have never been tested I recommend a baseline test for general health purposes. KH
Red spotted itchy rash in arms trunk and painful itchy swollen feet
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- Can Anxiety About Hiv Lead To Hiv Symptoms?
- Healthy After 10 Years With Hiv No Treatment
- How Can I Get Tested To See If I Am Immune To Hiv?
- When Can I Return To Work After Shingles?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.