Hives

Hi Dr. Henry, I started HIV treatment (Truvada+Norvir+Prezista) about 12 weeks ago. Two days ago, I started to develop hives all over my torso and arms. I took zyrtec on the first day and that seemed to help, but on the second day, the hives came back -- and again on the third. I don't recall ever having developed hives before! Could this be related to my meds (or HIV in general)?? What should I do? Thank you in advance for your advice!

Your skin rash could be due to a drug reaction (ie to the darunavir) or a part of the immune reconstitution syndrome as well other other non-HIV factors. If the rash becomes more extensive or involves mouth, eyes or other mucousal surfaces that can be very serious --you need to discuss with your HIV provider!! KH

extremely high viral load linked to early onset hiv?
Isentress Side Effects