incubation period for HIV

My wife and I have recently moved from sub saharan Africa and she has developed TB and was very ill in hospital. she has been diagnosed with HIV & her immune system is is in a bad way she has been put on ARV's - we were both tested as OK two years ago - how long does it take from infection to this stage of the illness

Time from HIV infection to illness/AIDS is highly variable. TB and HIV/AIDS is double trouble. Often severe illness is due to TB in persons who have dual infection. Early, prompt treatment of both TB and HIV is extremely important especially if the CD4 count is low (such as < 50). Outcomes are much improved with treatment for both infection with the first 6 months after starting treatment being crucial to achieve improved survival (risk for death/severe illness usually highest early after TB/HIV illness identified). KH

HIV wife & HIV negative husband
Will I develop resistance?