Possible Prezista Side Effect

I have been taking Prezista. I've read that it can cause skin rashes. For the past month my neck and upper chest have had small bumps and have been itchy. Do you think that this is a Prezista side effect?

Prezista(daruanvir) can cause a skin rash (more common in persons with sulfa allergy) than can be very severe and even life threatening. A month of bumps as you describe seems less likely to be a drug rash and more likely a flare up of folliculitis or other skin condition that are more common in HIV+ persons and often worsen during first months on effective HIV treatment (can be a part of the immune reconstitution syndrome). I would have your HIV doc examine the rash to determine its linkage to HIV treatment or other condition. KH

Follow up on Sustiva allergic reaction