May 4, 2011
Dear Doctor, I should be operated and I will need a general anesthesia. I was wondering if the anesthetics can interact with ATRIPLA. What can you suggest to recommend to the anesthesist? Thanks a lot, Lapo
Response from Dr. Henry
Anesthesia can usually be safely administered to persons taking Atripla-I would inform your anesthesist of all the meds you are taking as well as involve your HIV doctor regarding clearance for upcoming surgery. KH
Atripla Rash and swollen lips
taking meds on full stomach
- How Long Can Hiv Live In Dried Blood?
- If You Have A Sore Throat Does That Mean U Have Hiv?
- Is It Easy For A Man To Get Hiv From A Hiv Female?
- Can An Adult Get Infected By Drinking Hiv Breast Milk Once?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Hepatitis C Test Results?
- Odds Of Contracting Hiv After Having Unprotected Sex Twice
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.