Atripla Rash and swollen lips

I was diagnosed with HIV 4 months ago and started Atripla almost 2 weeks ago. The night before last I noticed some spots on the underside of my wrists which grew up my arm by yesterday morning. I am assuming this is the infamous atripla rash my Dr. told me about. This morning my boyfriend noticed that my lips were swollen. It's nothing too severe but it has never happened to me before. I am taking benadryl as directed on the box to help with the rash and my lips, is there anything else I can do to maybe speed up the heeling process? Are my swollen lips something I should be worried about, or is it a reaction to the emtriva like the rash?

Timing of the rash and lip swelling you are experiencing would make reaction to the Atripla (often the efavirenz component) a likely explanation. Rarely rash/reaction can be very severe so would watch for worsening rash, mouth, eye, involvement or any trouble breathing. I also would inform you HIV doctor so he/she can determine if you need to be seen. No additional specific therapy has been shown to effectively diminish a drug rash in a situation such as yours. KH

Protease paunch reversible now that I'm off AZT?
anesthesia