Abdominal and waist fat

I have been on Kaletra for the past four years. I feel fantastic and have great blood work. I am able to go to school and live life as I always have. I have had increased fat occur on my abdomen and around my waist (front and back) and in my pectoral area. My doctor told me it was one of the side effects of the Kaletra. My question is, if I begin a new drug regimen, will the hyper-lipodystrophy go away or will it remain? I ask because I am doing so well and do not want to interfere with the regimen unless it stops working for me.

Switching off Kaletra to a perhaps more fat friendly HIV regimen will have an unpredictable effect of reversing abdominal fat gain. That specific issue has not been studied much (fat distribution after switching off effective Kaletra based regimen). Variables impacting outcome include what other HIV meds you are taking, treatment history (any chance for resistance?), genetics/family history, eating/exercise habits, and others. KH

Truvada, reyataz and Novir , as second line now high cholesterol anf viral failure
Protease paunch reversible now that I'm off AZT?