Cystic Acne with no resolution

Hello Doctor,

I have had cystic acne since starting Atripla over 4 years ago. Never had cystic acne before. I am not taking testosterone. My tcells are 365 and I'm undetectable. I have been given numerous antibiotics and topical ointments with no relief including Septra, which made me horribly sick. Doctors are out of suggestions and say Accutane cannot be tolerated because of Atripla. The only supplements I am taking by suggestion are fish oil, vitamin d, zinc, and copper. I am at my wits end. I am tired of the questions from people asking if I got hit or punched in the face and tired of the pain of not being able to move parts of my face because of the intense swelling. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

I wonder if somehow the efavirenz in Atripla has had some effect on your hormone metabolism (also may decrease vitamin D levels). If you have no history of drug resistance then switching the efavirenz could be changed to raltegravir for example to see what happens to your skin problem and may also allow for easier use of other drugs for treatment of the acne. KH

great shape, big stomach
Truvada, reyataz and Novir , as second line now high cholesterol anf viral failure