Excessive weight gain around the belly

Two years ago I was severely injured by a doctor with 2nd and 3rd degree rectal burns. This complication caused an excessive amount of prescribed pain killers in addition to my HIV regiment which I have learned has apparently have slowed down my metabolism; creating extra weight around my stomach.

I workout 4 - 5 times a week, only eat fish, a lot of vegetables and minimal starches, yet the only change I see are the size of my legs decreasing unwarrantedly.

The sad thing about this all, I have gained 50 pounds from the injury and have lost 30 of it thus far, but now a plateau. Now being 52 and used to looking as well as feeling fit. I find myself depressed from not being able to accomplish my previous appearance. Moreover, this excessive weight is not creating more problems in my joints, which I suffer arthritis.

I constantly search various health food stores for help and asked my doctor for help as well, yet nothing.

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU FOR HELP!

Any suggestions or help?

Thank you,

You dont mention which HIV regimen you are on (some may aggravate abdominal weight gain). Besides diet and exercise (sounds like you are already clued in there), there are no inexpensive easy ways to decrease intrabdominal fat. Growth hormone releasing factor (Egrifta)can be helfpul to decrease intrabdominal fat but was to be injected, is very expensive, and the benefits fade off when treatment is stopped. If any reader has a suggestion please post. KH

I am undetectable...
problem with Egrifta