Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am undetectable...
Apr 26, 2011

hi Doc, I wanted to thank you for all your answers and help, you have been very supportive and an important influencer in order to achieve my goal to be undectectable. Thank you very very much. I just got my results and it says that no RNA HIV 1 was found in the sample (<40 copies or 1.60 log). Abbott m2000 & Abbott Real Time. Are these test kits good enough to believe that I am undectectable? Should I ask or find laboratories where they use the <20 copies?? My cd4 are 310 and 22.0%. They are moving up very very slow, I have been on treatment for almost 3 months and I started at Cd4 254, 16.9%. Is this normal or what do you recommend me to me able to higher my Cd4? I have been doing the tests in the morning (fasting). My first Cd4 test presented 540 & 34%. Thank you very much for your help, anymway i am very happy to read that I am undectable...

Response from Dr. Henry

Undetectable < 40 copies is very good-other more sensitive tests not needed. CD4 count usually stabilized/increases over time. KH

Previous
Is Chronic Telogen effluvium HIV related?
Next
Excessive weight gain around the belly

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.