Apr 22, 2011
why am i losing my hair i have hiv is that why or not
| Response from Dr. Henry
Many non-HIV conditions cause hair loss (risk increases with age). HIV infection, and some HIV drugs, may variably further increase risk for hair loss but data overall is spotty with generally no clear picture or linkage to a particular HIV drug. Widely used HIV drugs like lamivudine and emtricitabine have seemed to be most linked to hair loss in my experience but often has been hard to know if the drug is the main factor. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Urine?
- Cephalexin Cure Chlamydia
- What Can Vaginal Bumps Be Other Then Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.