Truvada and Atazanavir combination

I'm worried about my HIV treatment which consists of 400mg Atazanavir and 2oomg Truvada. I stopped taking the booster Ritonovir because I was having severe chest pains and I accidentally discovered that if I do not have the rotonovir, the pain eases. I had run out of the drug during the December snow and I continued taking Atazanavir 300mg with the Truvada when I noticed that the chest pains had stopped. But now I am starting to have an itchy reddish rash all over my body which looks like mosquito bites and I'm worried that this could be a side-effect of my drug combination. I have been taking the new combination for nearly 3 months now and the rashes have been bothering me for about 2 and a half months now. I'm seeking some advice and a second opinion about my drug combination. My CD4 count is just over 270 and my viral load undetectable.

I wonder if your chest pain wasnt related to acid reflux. There is a concern about a negative drug interaction between the tenofovir in Truvada and atazanavir leading to recommendation to combine with ritonavir-simply taking 400 mg atazanavir may not be enough (consider asking about getting an atazanavir blood level). Often one might consider a switch from Truvada to Epzicom (if HLA B5701 negative) or some other alternative regimen. Meanwhile, checking into the cause of your chest pain might be advised. KH

Taking Atripla
Recently infected - on meds and new diet