Apr 19, 2011
How long can a person live after stop taking their HIV drugs?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is no simple generalizable answer to your question. Prognosis for any single patient depends on a large number of factors including age, other health conditions, HIV history, and many others. I can imagine the prognosis ranging from very good (decades of health) to poor (high risk for life threatening condition in near future). OVerall staying on effective HIV medications improves changes for good long term health. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Causes Of Clear Vaginal Discharge
- Red Brown Clots Discharge And Back Pain, 7 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.