Apr 19, 2011
How long can a person live after stop taking their HIV drugs?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is no simple generalizable answer to your question. Prognosis for any single patient depends on a large number of factors including age, other health conditions, HIV history, and many others. I can imagine the prognosis ranging from very good (decades of health) to poor (high risk for life threatening condition in near future). OVerall staying on effective HIV medications improves changes for good long term health. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.