Mar 27, 2011
Dear Doctor, I read an article about transmitting the virus that causes KS by deep kissing among hiv + individuals. My partner is hiv positive and has kaposi sarcoma. I'm hiv positive also. Can I get the virus that causes KS by kissing him in the mouth via his saliva? and if so, Should we abstain from mouth kissing?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The risk for transmission of KS-associated virus by oral kissing is very small--if any reader is aware of a documented concern (documented cases) about KS-virus transmission by oral kissing please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Lap Dance
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Swallowing Cum
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Does Sinus Infection Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.