Mar 27, 2011
iam HIV/AIDS PATIENT WHOSE MEDICINES ARE ON IS IT SAFE TO DO LIPOSUCTION SINCE I HAVE TUMMY TUCK A LOT BECAUSE OF SIDEFFECTS OF MEDICINES
Response from Dr. Henry
Liposuction is generally safe in HIV+ persons but the question is how effectve it would be in the setting of treated HIV-related fat problems. Often the increased fat in the stomach area is not subcutaneous fat (can be reached by liposuction) but intra-abdominal (or visceral fat). Exercise, diet, and sometimes a switch in HIV meds can provide some relief for fat gain in some patients. KH
HIV, peripheral neuropathy and artritis
- Is It Almost Impossible For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Hiv Infection Risk With A Finger Cut
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- Where Does Herpes Virus Originate?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.