surgery for anal fistula
Mar 25, 2011
16 years ago i had anal fistula operation.. now it came but on the opposite side of my anus and i was just diagnosed with HIV last Oct 2010 w/ a viral load of 585... Is it okay for me undergo an operation for my fistula? bec im planning to have myself scheduled this year.. Tahnk you
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV + patients generally do well with standard surgery compared to HIV- population (like anal fistula repair) so operation if recommended by colon-rectal surgery is reasonable. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
- Syphilis In The Brain
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.